Thursday, April 10, 2008

MLB Season Starts

Well it is finally here the start of the baseball season. My Mets take on the Florida Marlins this afternoon behind newly acquired ace Johan Santana. The Marlins are countering with Mark Hendrickson. This pitching matchup is severely tilted in the Mets advantage which should help them get off to a good start this year. You can watch the gamecast of the game here.

Also here are my official predictions for the season. The Mets in my opinion having added Santana and having Pedro for the entire season will win the division by at least 7 games. The rest of the division really didn't improve and the Mets had to experience a historic collapse to not win it last year. I think a 95 win 67 loss season should be about right. Johan wins the Cy Young after winning 22 games and Dave Wright brings home the Mets 1st MVP award, which he probably would have won last year if not for the aforementioned collapse. I know I'm probably biased but I also see them winning th World Series this year to send Shea Stadium out in style.

0 comments: